Tuesday, April 27, 2010

No Story is ever a first

About every so often I watch a couple episodes of South Park. OK maybe everyday I watch a couple of episodes of South Park. And when the presenter on Monday did his presentation about how South Park is all about retellings, it finally clicked to me that they are retellings. Not quit retellings of stories but retellings of news and other world things. In every episode you can deffinatly tell what they are retellings. One is about when Ginni pigs start to take over the world because the Peruvian flute bands have been locked away. And so you can tell that this is making fun of the movie that came out a little while ago called Cloverfeild. And when they had all the news of the pirates in Somalia taking over ships, the South Park owners did a episode about that when the boys are tired of school and want to become Somalian pirates. I really like this new look that I have about everything that is around me. I guess that most of the things that have been happening lately is that that whole thing with Tiger Woods. Everywhere you look on the television you could see jokes about Tiger Wood and what he did. So even though they are making fun of him, they are just telling more and more retellings.

No comments:

Post a Comment